Uganda Used Car Buyers.
Uganda Used Car Market Information
- Japan Used Car Import Duty / Regulation in Uganda
- Import Duty :- 15% of dutiable value
- VAT :- 17% of VAT value
- Import commission :- 2% of Dutiable Value
- Withholding Tax :- 4% of Dutiable Value
- Original Bills of Lading
- Two clear negotiable Original Bills of Lading.
- Work Permit (copy)
- Immigration Permit
- Certificate of Residence Change
- "Attestation reservation de cale"
- The consignee's original passport
- An invoice or valuation for the vehicle
- The original logbook of the vehicle or the original export documents from the country of origin
- Inventory in triplicate, English, detailed, valued, signed and dated by the customer
- Electrical powered items should be shown with serial numbers
- A Tax Identification Number, will be issued and obtained for the consignee by the consignee local employer in Uganda
Guidelines to follow while importing used vehicle from Japan :-
Shipping Port :-
Uganda being a land locked country, surrounded from all the sides by land has no port of its own, thus to import a Japan used car to Uganda either the port of Mombasa in Kenya or Dar-Es-Salaam in Tanzania can be used, both being equal in terms of cost related to import of the vehicle.
Age Restrictions :-
There is no age restriction on the import of used cars from Japan.
Right Hand Drive and Left Hand Drive :-
Right and Left hand drive both types of vehicles are permitted.
Inspection Required :-
Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) has appointed JEVIC to conduct a compulsory inspection "Road Worthiness Inspection (RWI)" for the used cars to ensure that it meets certain standards.
Duties and Taxes :-
The Custom duty value in Uganda is determined in accordance with The General Agreement on Trade and Tariffs (G.A.T.T) valuation method. Taxation or tariffs on importing used vehicles in Uganda are as follows :-
There is an excise duty of 10% on selected cases. There is also duty remission on some commercial vehicles.
Documents Required :-
Documents which are required at the time of clearing the used cars at the ports are as follow :-
Note :- It is a must to be registered with Tanzania Revenue Authority and have your Tax Identification Number (TIN) before clearing the car into Tanzania Customs Regulations.
- Import Procedure in Uganda
Search and select vehicle to buy from Japanese Used Car Portal Websites.
Send Inquiry for price, condition, etc.
Japanese Dealers will respond you directly by Email.
Negotiate with the Japanese Dealer
Request Proforma Invoice
Place your Order
The seller will inform you the following things.
Please wait for the updates from the seller.
Payment Confirmation, Shipping Schedule, B/L copy, Original Document
You receive the order