Sri Lanka Used Car Buyers.
New Zealand Used Car Market Information
- Japan Used Car Import Duty / Regulation in Sri Lanka
- Duties :- 5-35%
- Motor vehicles :- 25%
- VAT :- 12%
- Ports and Airport Levy (PAL) :- Generally 5% of the CIF value, or in some cases at a reduced rate between 0% and 2.5%, of the CIF value.
- Ad valorem rates :- 1%- 45% (of the CIF value).
- Nation Building Tax :- Two percent of the sum of the CIF value X 110 percent, customs duty, cess, excise duty and PAL.
- Original Bill Of Lading
- Owner's passport
- Purchase Invoice
- Transport Ministry Approval :- It must be obtained by the importer prior to the shipping of left hand drive vehicle.
- Insurance Certificate
- Original Registration Certificate :- The certificate should have an English translation.
- Import License
Guidelines to follow while importing used vehicle from Japan :-
Shipping Port :-
Generally used vehicles are shipped to the maritime port of Colombo and Hambantota.
Age Restriction :-
Age of used cars imported should be under 2 years, whereas vehicles (vans and dual purpose) should not be more than 5 years old.
Road-worthiness Inspection :-
All Japanese used vehicles imported to Sri Lanka must be JAAI (Japan Auto Appraisal Institute) certified for roadworthiness.
Right-Hand Drive vehicles :-
Importation of only Right-Hand Drive (RHD) vehicles is allowed in Sri Lanka.
Import Taxes rates :-
Documents required for port clearance :-
- Import Procedure in Sri Lanka
Search and select vehicle to buy from Japanese Used Car Portal Websites.
Send Inquiry for price, condition, etc.
Japanese Dealers will respond you directly by Email.
Negotiate with the Japanese Dealer
Request Proforma Invoice
Place your Order
The seller will inform you the following things.
Please wait for the updates from the seller.
Payment Confirmation, Shipping Schedule, B/L copy, Original Document
You receive the order