South Africa Used Car Buyers.
South Africa Used Car Market Information
- Japan Used Car Import Duty / Regulation in South Africa
- Immigrants need their permanent residence permit issued by the Department of Home Affairs (or a copy)
- Returning South Africans must show proof of emigration from SA, proof they had permanent residence abroad and evidence that the permanent residence has been withdrawn.
- A duly completed form DA304A
- Bill Of Lading
- Purchase Documents (Invoice(s))
- Registration Certificate/permit (Deregistration Certificate)
- Documentary evidence of the date on which delivery of the vehicle was taken
- Documentary evidence of the date on which the vehicle was handed to the shipper for shipment to South Africa
- An Import Permit and
- An original Letter of Authority
- You must have Import Permit from government. Import Permits are only forwarded to South African addresses.
- You can't import used cars for commercial purposes.
- Get authorization before purchasing any vehicle.
- An Imported Vehicle should be otherwise unavailable in South Africa.
- Customs Duty :- 30% (motor cars more than 20 years old are subject to 20% customs duty.)
- Ad Valorem customs duty (based on a sliding scale depending on the value of the vehicle, with a minimum of 0.75% and a maximum of 20%).
- Value-added tax (VAT) :- 14%
Guidelines to follow while importing used vehicle from Japan :-
Shipping Port :-
Durban is the maritime port in South Africa for importing used cars from Japan.
Right Hand Drive Vehicles :-
Right Hand Drive vehicles are only permitted for importation in South Africa and as per current legislation left hand drive vehicles which were not registered in RSA before 23 July 2004 may not be registered, licensed, roadworthied and operated on a public road in South Africa.
Documents Required :-
Documents required while importing used cars from Japan in South Africa.
Important points to be kept in mind while importing the used cars from Japan in South Africa :-
Duties and Taxes :-
Customs duty applicable on the import of used cars from Japan in South Africa is calculated ad valorem of the used cars.
As an example, the cumulative taxes and duties payable on the car with a value of approximately R 200,000 are ±70% of the market value. All vehicles with a market value for ad valorem customs duty purposes of less than R 130,000 do not pay ad valorem customs duty on importation into South Africa.
If the original purchase invoice is not available, three written valuations must be obtained from Japanese used Car Exporters to assist the customs clearance process in South Africa.
- Import Procedure in South Africa
Search and select vehicle to buy from Japanese Used Car Portal Websites.
Send Inquiry for price, condition, etc.
Japanese Dealers will respond you directly by Email.
Negotiate with the Japanese Dealer
Request Proforma Invoice
Place your Order
The seller will inform you the following things.
Please wait for the updates from the seller.
Payment Confirmation, Shipping Schedule, B/L copy, Original Document
You receive the order