Seychelles Used Car Market Information
Japan Used Car Import Duty / Regulation in Seychelles
- The vehicle must not be older than 3 years
- Right hand drive vehicle
- The motor vehicle must be for passenger use only
- Only one vehicle is permitted per person
- A returning resident once granted an import permit will not be allowed to import another second hand motor vehicle or motor cycle should he/she decide to move overseas again.
- The vehicle must enter the country within 6 months of the returning graduate/resident taking residency in Seychelles.
- The returning resident/graduate is not allowed to sell or transfer the vehicle for the period of two years following the registration of the vehicle with the Seychelles License Authority (SLA).
- Bill of entry (in duplicate)
- Bill of Lading
- Packing List/ List of goods in cargo
- Copy of passport of most recent entry in Seychelles
- Copy of passport of exit of 12 months or more from Seychelles
- Import permit
- Letter from the organization to certify that the student/graduate was sent for studies or in cases whereby the student/graduate went to study at their own expenses, they must provide document(s) proving their attended institution of study. (If applicable) i) Prove of ownership of the vehicle.
- Copy of driving license
Guidelines to follow while importing used car in Seychelles :-
Shipping Ports :-
The major shipping ports in Seychelles are Port Victoria, Port of Mahe.
Importation of used vehicle by returning residents/students is allowed in the country. A returning resident is a Seychelles citizen living outside Seychelles for a continuous period of not less than 2 years and is returning to Seychelles to take up permanent residence is considered as a returning resident.
Given conditions under the Used Vehicle Policy under the Ministry of Finance should be followed by returning residents importing a used vehicle :-
The documents needed for clearance of used vehicle :-
Duties and Taxes :-
Returning residents are allowed to import used vehicle in the country. However, no concession is given on taxes on vehicles imported. All applicable trades tax, excise tax, GST and levy are payable.
- Import Procedure in Seychelles
Search and select vehicle to buy from Japanese Used Car Portal Websites.
Send Inquiry for price, condition, etc.
Japanese Dealers will respond you directly by Email.
Negotiate with the Japanese Dealer
Request Proforma Invoice
Place your Order
The seller will inform you the following things.
Please wait for the updates from the seller.
Payment Confirmation, Shipping Schedule, B/L copy, Original Document
You receive the order