Rwanda Used Car Buyers.
Rwanda Used Car Market Information
Japan Used Car Import Duty / Regulation in Rwanda
- Original certificate of Title and Registration
- Original commercial/Purchase Invoice
- Copy of Passport
- Drivers License
- Registration/ De-registration certificate of country of origin
- International Insurance Policy (green card)
- Original Bill Of Lading
- Duties and taxes exemption certificate, if any
- Gift certificates, if gifted to any organization eligible for duty free importation
- Customs Duty- 25%
- Withholding Tax- 5%
- Consumption Tax- (rate variable)
- Engine capacity from 0 to 1,000 cc - RWF75,000
- Engine capacity from 1,001 to 1,500 cc - RWF160,000
- Engine capacity from 1,501 to 3,000 cc - RWF250,000
- Engine capacity from 3,001 to 4,500 cc - RWF420,000 Engine capacity from 4,501 and above - RWF560,000
- For special vehicles - RWF640,000
Guidelines to follow while importing used car in Rwanda :-
Shipping Ports :-
The ports for vehicle shipment in Tanzania are Dar Es Salaam in Tanzania and Mombasa in Kenya.
Left-Hand Drive :-
Importation of left-hand drive vehicles is allowed in the country. Right-hand drive vehicles are allowed in the country only for two-weeks.
Documents required :-
Taxes and Duties :-
Vehicle Registration :-
Vehicle registration fees for imported vehicles depend upon their engine capacity. Below are the fees:
Once the registration fee is paid, the number plates and Yellow Card (carte jeune) are given to the owner of the vehicle.
- Import Procedure in Rwanda
Search and select vehicle to buy from Japanese Used Car Portal Websites.
Send Inquiry for price, condition, etc.
Japanese Dealers will respond you directly by Email.
Negotiate with the Japanese Dealer
Request Proforma Invoice
Place your Order
The seller will inform you the following things.
Please wait for the updates from the seller.
Payment Confirmation, Shipping Schedule, B/L copy, Original Document
You receive the order