Nigeria Used Car Buyers.
Nigeria Used Car Market Information
- Japan Used Car Import Duty / Regulation in Nigeria
- Bill of lading.
- Bill of entry.
- Approved Form M.
Form "M" should be processed by any person importing used cars into Nigeria through any authorized commercial/merchant bank. The authorized banks shall be responsible for delivering all Forms "M" (including those for imports excluded from inspection) to the appointed inspection agent's liaison offices in Nigeria.
- Marine insurance policy (issued by a Nigerian insurance firm).
- Evidence of payment of VAT.
- Cars :- 30%
- Buses :- 15%
- Trucks :- 30%
- CKD (Complete Knocked Down vehicles) :- 5%
- CISS (Comprehensive Import Supervision Scheme) :- 1%
- NAC (National Automotive Council) :- 2%
- VAT (Value Added Tax) :- 5%
- ETLS (Ecowas Trade Liberalization Scheme) :- 0.5%
- Sub Charge and Duty Payable
Guidelines to follow while importing used vehicle from Japan :-
Shipping Port :-
Apapa and Lagos are the ports where used cars from Japan are imported.
Age Restriction :- The cars should not be more than 8 years old from the date of first registration.
Left Hand Drive Cars :-
The used cars from Japan imported to Nigeria should be Left Hand Drive.
Documents required :-
To claim any goods at Nigerian ports, the following documents must be presented to officials of the Customs and Excise Department.
Taxes and Duties :-
Custom Duties applicable on the vehicles :-
Taxes applicable on the import of used cars are as below :-
- Import Procedure in Nigeria
Search and select vehicle to buy from Japanese Used Car Portal Websites.
Send Inquiry for price, condition, etc.
Japanese Dealers will respond you directly by Email.
Negotiate with the Japanese Dealer
Request Proforma Invoice
Place your Order
The seller will inform you the following things.
Please wait for the updates from the seller.
Payment Confirmation, Shipping Schedule, B/L copy, Original Document
You receive the order