New Zealand Used Car Buyers.
New Zealand Used Car Market Information
- Japan Used Car Import Duty / Regulation in New Zealand
- Copy of Passport.
- Copy of relevant visas/permits for immigrants.
- Registration/Ownership/ deregistration certificate from Japan (original and certified English copy).
- Original Invoices showing, Export (FOB Japan) costs and Freight costs and marine insurance costs to NZ.
- Bill of Lading having Odometre readings both at time of sale for export to NZ and at time of importation into NZ.
- Proof of continues ownership such as insurance certificate or vehicle license document.
- New Zealand Customs Client Code Application.
- Checking whether or not the vehicle meet up the required safety emissions and frontal impact standards. Also carrying out an inspection to test vehicle condition.
- Deciding whether the vehicle needs any rectification and/or specific certification in order to meet legal safety requirements.
- Certifying whether or not vehicle meets safety and emission requirements.
- Verifying the legal owner of the vehicle.
Guidelines to follow while importing used vehicle from Japan :-
Shipping Port :-
Vehicle can be shipped from any port in Japan to all major Ports in New Zealand such as Auckland, Dunedin, Lyttleton, Welington.
Age Restriction :-
As per new guidelines, vehicle must not be manufactured before 2006 which means that the vehicle should not be more than 8 years old from the date of manufacturing while it is imported in New Zealand. Exceptions in the rules are granted if the vehicle imported is a "special interest" vehicle or the vehicle has been registered in buyers name in Japan.
Emission Standards :-
Vehicles must meet up with the emission standards described by New Zealand government as per their class. Testing can be conducted by only approved testing stations.
Inspection Required :-
JEVIC and Quarantine service (MAF Biosecurity) inspection are required to be done in Japan before importing the Car in New Zealand from Japan.
Used vehicles from Japan, before being used should pass through Biosecurity clearance as they can carry a number of biosecurity contaminants, including high risk pest species like Lymantria dispar (Asian gypsy moth). This is done with the objective to determine the nature and quantity of slippage. The measures specified by the current Import Health Standard are adequate for 31% of used vehicles imported (6% that are uncontaminated and 25% that have only visible contamination). The remaining used vehicles imported either has contaminated air filters and/or may have contamination that cannot be seen with visual inspection.
Documents Required while importing vehicle in New Zealand :-
Entry Certification :-
An entry certified process is carried out before the imported used vehicle from Japan can be used. The process of certification invloves :-
Taxes and duties :- Generally the motor vehicles and motorcycles are free from tariff duty and only subject to a goods and services tax of 15 percent. Ambulances and vehicles for the transport of persons specially equipped for habitation, ie, with sleeping, cooking, and toilet facilities, are subject to duty at the rate of 10 percent in addition to GST.
- Import Procedure in New-Zealand
Search and select vehicle to buy from Japanese Used Car Portal Websites.
Send Inquiry for price, condition, etc.
Japanese Dealers will respond you directly by Email.
Negotiate with the Japanese Dealer
Request Proforma Invoice
Place your Order
The seller will inform you the following things.
Please wait for the updates from the seller.
Payment Confirmation, Shipping Schedule, B/L copy, Original Document
You receive the order