Mozambique Used Car Buyers.
Nigeria Used Car Market Information
- Japan Used Car Import Duty / Regulation in Mozambique
- Certificate of Title and Registration - must be original
- Commercial/Purchase Invoice - must be original
- Driver's License & International Insurance Policy (green card)
- Certified copy of the passport.
- Original Bill of Lading showing Chassis Number, Engine number, Cubic Capacity, year of manufacture, brand and model.
- Greater than 1500 CC - 40%,
- Engine displacement less than 1500 CC - 25%.
- No custom duty on Mini Buses imported to Mozambique.
- Custom duty on single cabs is 20%.
Guidelines to follow while importing used vehicle from Japan :-
Shipping Port :-
Maputo is the capital of Mozambique and all the used cars from Japan are imported through Maputo port, however some may consider Durban port in South Africa as well to import vehicles in Mozambique.
Age Restriction :- No age restriction is there on the vehicles imported in Mozambique.
Right Hand Drive Vehicles :-
Right-hand drive vehicles are allowed to be imported with the exception to special vehicles like ambulances etc.
Inspections required :-
Intertek inspection should be applied after buying your desired car from Japan. Also apply for the MOZ number at the Intertek office at Maputo along with the invoice carrying the engine no. of the vehicle.
Documents Required :-
Documents required while importing used cars in Mozambique are as mentioned below :-
Duties and Taxes :-The custom duty applicable on vehicles based on the engine displacement is as follows :-
- Import Procedure in Mozambique
Search and select vehicle to buy from Japanese Used Car Portal Websites.
Send Inquiry for price, condition, etc.
Japanese Dealers will respond you directly by Email.
Negotiate with the Japanese Dealer
Request Proforma Invoice
Place your Order
The seller will inform you the following things.
Please wait for the updates from the seller.
Payment Confirmation, Shipping Schedule, B/L copy, Original Document
You receive the order