Mauritius Used Car Buyers.
Mauritius Used Car Market Information
- Japan Used Car Import Duty / Regulation in Mauritius
- Original Invoice indicating the FOB and/or CIF value of car
- Bill of lading / Airway bill
- Bill of entry
- Insurance certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate of inspection (if applicable)
- Certificate of origin (if applicable)
- Cancellation of Registration Certificate.
- Import Permit
- General rate of duty which applies to vehicles imported from all foreign countries.
- Preferential rate which applies to vehicles imported from countries having trade agreements with Mauritius. The rate of duty imposed will depend on the particularities of the agreement (the rate of duty may be of reduced rates or even nil).
- Motor Cars :-
- Less than 550 - 15%
- Above 550 but less than 1600 - 55%
- Above 1600 - 100%
- Vans :-
- Up to 1600 -55%
- Above 1600 - 100%
- Trucks :- 40%
- Motorcycle :- for 250 - 45%
- Customs value of the vehicle
- Import duty and excise duty
- Freight and insurance costs incurred in transporting the vehicle to Mauritius.
Guidelines to follow while importing used vehicle from Japan :-
Shipping Port :-
Port Louis is the main port of destination for the shipment of Japan used cars in Mauritius.
Age Restrictions :-
The age of used cars should be not less than 18 months and not more than 48 months from the date of first registration at the time of the shipment.
Right Hand Drive Vehicles :- Right hand drive vehicles are only permitted to be imported in Mauritius.
Documents Required :-
The documents listed below should be submitted to the Customs & Excise Department before clearing the vehicle.
Taxes and Duties :-
The origin of used vehicles being imported influence the tariff rate of duty to which vehicles may be liable. Tariff rates can be classified into two types based on origin of the vehicles:
Excise duties liable on vehicles based on their cylinder capacity are as mentioned below :-
Vehicles imported into Mauritius are liable for Value Added Tax (VAT) of 15 percent. VAT is payable on the sum of following amounts :-
- Import Procedure in Mauritius
Search and select vehicle to buy from Japanese Used Car Portal Websites.
Send Inquiry for price, condition, etc.
Japanese Dealers will respond you directly by Email.
Negotiate with the Japanese Dealer
Request Proforma Invoice
Place your Order
The seller will inform you the following things.
Please wait for the updates from the seller.
Payment Confirmation, Shipping Schedule, B/L copy, Original Document
You receive the order