Malaysia Used Car Buyers.
Malaysia Used Car Market Information
- Import Procedure in Malaysia
Search and select vehicle to buy from Japanese Used Car Portal Websites.
Send Inquiry for price, condition, etc.
Japanese Dealers will respond you directly by Email.
Negotiate with the Japanese Dealer
Request Proforma Invoice
Place your Order
The seller will inform you the following things.
Please wait for the updates from the seller.
Payment Confirmation, Shipping Schedule, B/L copy, Original Document
You receive the order
- Japan Used Vehicle Import Duty / Regulation in Malaysia
- A letter of application addressed to the Ministry Of International Trade and Industry (MITI) for importing a car from your home country to Malaysia for personal use.
- A JK69 form must be purchased MITI and duly completed.
- Documentation of car which indicate proof of ownership. Typically this will be a purchase receipt or transfer of ownership/letter from the previous owner if the car was purchased second-hand.
- The original and photocopied registration document of car.
- The cars original insurance documents and/or a letter from the insurance company.
- Your work permit and letter of contract from your employer in Malaysia.
- A photocopy of your passport.
How to import a used vehicle into Malaysia :
The imposition of very high import duties make owning a non Malaysian made car somewhat expensive. Import duties run to as high as 300%. Consequently the vast majority of cars in Malaysia are locally produced ones.
Cost of maintenance and parts for foreign cars are also factors to be considered. Needless to say if your car is rare or indeed not available inMalaysia these factors become paramount.
To import your car to Malaysia, you must apply for an Approval Permit (AP) from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI).
In order to apply for this permit your car must be registered under your name for at least 3 years.
Documents required for importing a used vehicle into Malaysia :