Madagascar Used Car Buyers.
Madagascar Used Car Market Information
Japan Used Car Import Duty / Regulation in Madagascar
- Original certificate of title and registration
- Original commercial/purchase invoice
- Driver's license
- Bill of Lading (BOL)
- International insurance policy (green card)
- Approximately 59% of the CIF value of the shipment is required if the registration papers have been in the name of the shipper for more than 1 year.
- Approximately 118% of the CIF value of the shipment if the registration papers have been in the name of the shipper for less than 1 year.
- No duties are required if the registration papers have been in the name of the shipper for more than 1 year (private individuals or companies).
- Approximately 118% of the CIF value of the shipment is required if the registration papers have been in the name of the shipper for less than 1 year.
- It is important for the shipper to be present in Madagascar before the arrival of the vehicle.
- Exemption from duties is given to diplomats on cars or motorbikes. If the car is sold in Madagascar, then a tax is paid upon departure (approx. 75% of CIF value).
- When household goods and a motor vehicle are in the same container, demurrage charges are to be expected as the Customs procedure generally takes longer to complete.
Guidelines to follow while importing used car in Madagascar :-
Shipping Ports :-
The port for importation of vehicles in Madagascar is Port of Tamatave (Toamasina)
Left- hand drive vehicles :-
Importation of left-hand drive vehicles is permitted in the country.
Documents Required :-
Taxation in Madagascar :-
French cooperants must pay duties as follows:
Private individuals or companies must be duties as follows:
Other important points :-
- Import Procedure in Madagascar
Search and select vehicle to buy from Japanese Used Car Portal Websites.
Send Inquiry for price, condition, etc.
Japanese Dealers will respond you directly by Email.
Negotiate with the Japanese Dealer
Request Proforma Invoice
Place your Order
The seller will inform you the following things.
Please wait for the updates from the seller.
Payment Confirmation, Shipping Schedule, B/L copy, Original Document
You receive the order