Libya Used Car Buyers.
Libya Used Car Market Information
Japan Used Car Import Duty / Regulation in Libya
- Copy of Passport
- Certificate of Title and Registration
- Import Permit- from the Ministry of External Affairs; must be approved before importation
- Original Bill of Lading
- Insurance Policy
- Log book
- Letter from the Libyan Consulate or Letter of employment from previous company (returning residents)
- Diplomatic Franchise from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Diplomats)
- Statistics Code (provided by Libyan employer) (foreigners)
Guidelines to follow while importing used car in Libya :-
Shipping Ports :-
The major shipping ports in Libya are Benghazi, Tripoli, Derna, Misurata.
Left-hand drive vehicles :-
Importation of left-hand drive vehicles is allowed in the country.
Age restriction :-
The age of used cars imported should not be more than five years at time of importation. Heavy vehicles, forklifts, tractors and trucks of age seven years are not allowed to be imported in the country.
Required Documents :-
Duties and Taxes :-
For returning citizens 10% duty is applicable after the Customs estimation process.
For tourists, 25% of the value of the vehicle is paid as a deposit and a Temporary Regime is applied. The deposit is refunded once the tourist returns back.
- Import Procedure in Libya
Search and select vehicle to buy from Japanese Used Car Portal Websites.
Send Inquiry for price, condition, etc.
Japanese Dealers will respond you directly by Email.
Negotiate with the Japanese Dealer
Request Proforma Invoice
Place your Order
The seller will inform you the following things.
Please wait for the updates from the seller.
Payment Confirmation, Shipping Schedule, B/L copy, Original Document
You receive the order