Kenya Used Car Buyers.
Kenya Used Car Market Information
- Japan Used Car Import Duty / Regulation in Kenya
- Original Passport
- Original Bill Of Landing (BOL)
- Original Commercial Invoice
- Pre Inspection certificate
- KRA Pin card
- Authentic Vehicle Logbook :- Certificate of export by Dubai police or any other authority as a substitute for foreign book shall not be accepted by KRA (Kenya Revenue Authority). English translation of logbook will be provided by embassy, High Commission or consulate based in Kenya, in case logbook is in foreign language.
- Import Duty :- 25% of Dutiable value
- Excise Duty :- 20% of (Customs Value + Import Duty)
- VAT :- 16% of (Customs Value + Import Duty + Excise Duty)
- An Import Declaration Fee (IDF) is also charged. An amount of minimum of $5,000 or 2.25% of CIF is paid prior to the application, depending whichever amount is more.
- Kenya returning resident may import one duty free vehicle.
- The importer should be residing outside Kenya for at least two year and should not have visited Kenya on an average of more than 90 days.
- The vehicle must be used by the importer for at least a year.
- No similar exemption has been provided in the past.
Guidelines to follow while importing used vehicle from Japan :-
Shipping Port :-
Major ports in Kenya for importation of used vehicles are Mombasa and Dar-Es-Salaam.
Age Restrictions :-
The vehicle must not be more than eight years old from the year of first registration. The difference between the registration date and the manufacturing date should not be more than a year.
Right Hand Drive :- All vehicles imported must be Right Hand Drive (RHD). However, special vehicles such as ambulance, fire engine, large construction vehicle are exempted from this ban.
Inspection on Vehicles :-
Inspection on vehicles imported to Kenya, must be done either by JEVIC (Japan Export Vehicle Inspection Center) or QISJ (Quality Inspection Services Japan) for road-worthiness.
Documents required for custom clearance :-
Taxation in Kenya :-
Benefits for returning residents to Kenya :-
- Import Procedure in Kenya
Search and select vehicle to buy from Japanese Used Car Portal Websites.
Send Inquiry for price, condition, etc.
Japanese Dealers will respond you directly by Email.
Negotiate with the Japanese Dealer
Request Proforma Invoice
Place your Order
The seller will inform you the following things.
Please wait for the updates from the seller.
Payment Confirmation, Shipping Schedule, B/L copy, Original Document
You receive the order