India Used Car Buyers.
India Used Car Market Information
- Import Procedure in India
Search and select vehicle to buy from Japanese Used Car Portal Websites.
Send Inquiry for price, condition, etc.
Japanese Dealers will respond you directly by Email.
Negotiate with the Japanese Dealer
Request Proforma Invoice
Place your Order
The seller will inform you the following things.
Please wait for the updates from the seller.
Payment Confirmation, Shipping Schedule, B/L copy, Original Document
You receive the order
- Japan Used Automobile Import Duty / Regulation in India
In India the Export Import Policy (EXIM) 2001, allows import of used cars as well as pre owned in India. The import rules state that the import of passenger cars, jeep, multi-utility vehicles, motorcycles etc. are restricted items to import and can be imported only after obtaining an import license.
- Imports of new cars would be allowed only through Mumbai port (Nhava Sheva), Kolkata and Chennai.
- Used vehicles being imported should not be more than three years old and conform to the Central Motor Vehicle Rules, (1989). Imported automobiles should have a minimum residual life of five years and the importer should ensure supply of auto parts and service during this period.
- The government has decided to allow the entry of second hand vehicles into the country only through the Mumbai port. The commerce ministry has identified six categories of second hand vehicles having cylinder capacity of up to 3000 cc, which will now be allowed to be brought in through the Mumbai port.
- Import of left hand vehicles banned. The vehicles should necessarily have right-hand steering controls, a speedometer indicating the speed in kilometres and a photometry of the head-lamps to suit keep-left traffic.
- The importing agency is expected, at the time of importation, to submit a certificate issued by a testing agency notified by the central government that the second hand vehicle being imported has been tested successfully before shipment and confirms all the regulations of used vehicles specified in Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
- The importer is also required to submit a certificate issue by a testing agency notified by government that the used vehicle being imported conforms to the original homologation certificate issued at the time of manufacture.
- The policy fully bans the import of cars whose engine capacity ranges from 1000 to 2500cc. motorcycle engine capacity should be their engine capacity should be over 250 cc but not in excess of 800 cc.
Depreciation allowed is as under :
Every quarter 1st year of use 4 Percent Every quarter IInd year of use 3 Percent Every quarter IIIrd year of use 2 1/2 Percent Every quarter IVth year and thereafter 2 Percent.
Customs Duty :
Basic Custom Duty 40 Percent Special Custom duty 5 Percent Additional duty 40 Percent M.V. Cess 0.125 Percent Special Additional duty of Customs 4 Percent.