Hong Kong Used Car Buyers.
Hong Kong Used Car Market Information
Japan Used Car Import Duty / Regulation in Hong Kong
- Import license
- Bill Of Lading (BOL)
- Copy of de-registration certificate
- Commercial/ Purchase Invoice
- Certificate of Conformity (COC) issued to the vehicle by its vehicle manufacturer (for vehicles manufactured within one year from the date of application).
- Exhaust emission test report issued within 6 months by one of the recognized vehicle emission testing laboratories and noise compliance report.
- Any other documents that can prove emission compliance to the satisfaction of the Environmental Protection Department.
- Vehicle Registration Document's copy showing that the vehicle has been owned by the importer outside Hong Kong for more than six (6) months.
- Driving license copy of the importer issued by the region from which the vehicle is imported with the date of issuance highlighted.
- Residence proof of the vehicle for more than six months from the place the vehicle is imported, such as telephone bills, electricity bills, etc.
- Documents showing reasons of bringing the vehicle into Hong Kong (Such as taking up permanent residence in Hong Kong, employment/study visa valid for at least 6 months from the date of application, etc.).
- Any other documents which can support the application.
Guidelines to follow while importing used car in Hong Kong :-
Shipping Ports :-
The most recommended port of shipping is port of Hong Kong.
Right-hand drive vehicles :-
Importation of only right hand drive vehicles is allowed in Hong Kong. The registration and licensing of left hand vehicle is not allowed in Hong Kong unless there are special conditions.
Age Restriction :-
The used car imported in Hong Kong must be less than 7 years old. Importation of cars over 20 years is allowed as classic cars and they need not meet Euro V emission standard.
Documents required for customs clearance :-
All motor vehicles registering in Hong Kong for the first time should meet the requirements of the Air Pollution Control Regulations and Noise Control Regulation.
Application for Emission Approval :-
The used vehicle importers should complete the "Application for Vehicle Exhaust and Noise Emissions Compliance" form and the "Noise Emission Certificate General Approval" (NECGA).
The original documents to be attached with the form :-
Note- The applicant should submit all these to the Environmental Protection Department for approval.
No exemption is granted on diesel and commercial vehicles from emission requirements. However, used petrol cars imported in Hong Kong for personal use are exempted, if they meet the following criteria-
The used vehicle must be owned by the importer for more than 6 months in a region outside Hong Kong where he has normally resided prior to the application. Vehicle registered in the name of a company will not be exempted even though the company is wholly owned by the applicant.
Applicant must submit the following supporting documents :-
The importer should obtain approval/exemption from the Environmental Protection Department before shipping their vehicles into Hong Kong, as it is necessary for the vehicle to show emissions compliance before it can be registered in Hong Kong.
Once the vehicle arrives in Hong Kong, it should be scheduled for the vehicle examination at the Vehicle Examination Centre. The importer has to bring the approval letter issued by the Environmental Protection Department to ensures that the car has complied with the vehicle exhaust emission and noise emission standards.
Vehicle Registration and Licensing :-
When applying for registration for the first time, the importer should submit a complete application form to the Hong Kong Licensing Office of Transport Department.
The first registration tax rate is given below :-
Type of Motor Vehicle Rate of Tax 1. Private Cars (a.) On the first $150,000 40% (b.) On the next $150,000 45% (c.) On the next $200,000 100% (d.) On the remainder 115% 2. Motor cycles and motor tricycles 35% 3. (a.) Good vehicles, other than Light Good Vehicles 15% (b.) Van type LGV, not exceeding 1.9 tons permitted gross vehicle weight (i) On the first $150,000 35% (ii) On the next $150,000 65% (iii) On the remainder 85% (c.) Van type LGV exceeding 1.9 tons permitted gross vehicle weight 17% 4. Taxis, Light buses, Buses and Special Purpose Vehicles 3.7%
- Import Procedure in Dominica
Search and select vehicle to buy from Japanese Used Car Portal Websites.
Send Inquiry for price, condition, etc.
Japanese Dealers will respond you directly by Email.
Negotiate with the Japanese Dealer
Request Proforma Invoice
Place your Order
The seller will inform you the following things.
Please wait for the updates from the seller.
Payment Confirmation, Shipping Schedule, B/L copy, Original Document
You receive the order