Ghana Used Car Buyers.
Ghana Used Car Market Information
- Japan Used Car Import Duty / Regulation in Ghana
- The year of manufacture
- The name and address of the manufacturer of the used car and
- The home delivery value of the used car.
- Certificate of Title and Registration
- Purchase Invoice & Insurance Policy - original
- Original Bill of Lading - state chassis & engine numbers, CC size, brand and model
- International Driver's License
- Customs Form C. 12/SAD
- Import Duty - (0%, 5%, 10%, and 20%)
- Import VAT - (0% or 12.5%)
- National Health Insurance Levy - (0% or 2.5%)
- ECOWAS Levy - (0.5%)
- Export Development Fund (EDIF) - (0.5%)
- Examination Fee - (1%)
- By engine capacity e.g. 1.6cc, 2.0cc, 2.5cc, etc.
- By the seating capacity e.g. 5, 10, 30, 50 persons
- By usage/purpose e.g. Buses, trucks, tippers, lorries etc
- By age
Guidelines to follow while importing used car in Ghana :-
Shipping Ports :-
Port of Tema and port of Takoradi are the mojor ports in Ghana to import used cars from Japan.
Age Restrictions :-
Used cars over 10 years old require a graduated duty and penalty (according to year of manufacture).
The age of a motor vehicle imported under the law is calculated with effect from the year in which the motor vehicle was first manufactured. The age of a vehicle is a crucial determinant in valuation for duty purposes. In arriving at the age of vehicles, Customs uses the model year reckoning index which normally gives a round year age point e.g. 1990 or 2000 or the dealer chart matrix.
Left Hand Drive Vehicles :-
Only left hand drive vehicles are allowed to be imported in Ghana, except some special vehicles.
Documents Required :-
The dealer/importer shall furnish the Commissioner of CEPS with the following information and documents :
Duties and taxes :-
All vehicles imported into the country are required to pay the following duties and taxes:
Import Duties on the used cars are calculated based on the following :-
- Import Procedure in Ghana
Search and select vehicle to buy from Japanese Used Car Portal Websites.
Send Inquiry for price, condition, etc.
Japanese Dealers will respond you directly by Email.
Negotiate with the Japanese Dealer
Request Proforma Invoice
Place your Order
The seller will inform you the following things.
Please wait for the updates from the seller.
Payment Confirmation, Shipping Schedule, B/L copy, Original Document
You receive the order