Egypt Used Car Buyers.
Egypt Used Car Market Information
Japan Used Car Import Duty / Regulation in Egypt
- Original Certificate of Title and Registration
- Original Commercial/Purchase Invoice
- Original Passport
- Certificate of Origin
- Original Bill of Lading
- Authorization letter, locally issued in Egypt
- Customs duty between 40% and 135%
- Tax varies between 10% and 35%
- Expatriates working within the Egyptian Government sector are allowed to import vehicle duty free, provided they must guarantee re-exportation of the vehicle.
- Expatriates working for non-governmental sector are allowed to import a vehicle duty free only if the expatriate is the owner or partner of a private company/project in Egypt. In this case, duty can be covered with local bank guarantee.
Requirements are: proof of ownership/partnership from Egyptian Investment Authority, company commercial registration documents, and taxation documents.
- Trip ticket system allows free import for maximum period of 6 months, provided submitting trip ticket documentation and plates. Once the period of 6 months is over, the vehicle should be exported for at least 6 months before shipping back to Egypt again. Licensing fees is only applicable on these vehicles.
Guidelines to follow while importing used car in Egypt :-
Shipping Ports :-
Major shipping ports for used vehicles in Egypt are El Iskandariya (Alexandria), Port Said and Damietta.
Left-hand drive vehicles :-
Only right hand drive cars are allowed in the country. Importation of diesel vehicles is strictly prohibited in the country.
Documents required for Customs clearance :-
Duties and Taxes :-
Duty Free Importation :-
- Import Procedure in Egypt
Search and select vehicle to buy from Japanese Used Car Portal Websites.
Send Inquiry for price, condition, etc.
Japanese Dealers will respond you directly by Email.
Negotiate with the Japanese Dealer
Request Proforma Invoice
Place your Order
The seller will inform you the following things.
Please wait for the updates from the seller.
Payment Confirmation, Shipping Schedule, B/L copy, Original Document
You receive the order