Cook Islands Used Car Market Information
Japan Used Car Import Duty / Regulation in Cook Islands
- Invoice showing export costs (Japan)
- Invoice showing freight costs and insurance to Cook Islands
- De-registration Certificate
- Invoice receipt showing total price paid and date of purchase
- Bill of Lading
- Odometer reading at time of sale for export to Cook Islands
- Odometer reading at time of importation into Cook Islands
Guidelines to follow while importing used car in Cook Islands :-
Shipping Ports :-
Major shipping ports in Cook Islands are Arutanga harbor, Avatiu harbor and Arorangi Jetty.
Right hand drive vehicles :-
Importation of right hand drive vehicles is allowed in the country.
Documents Required :-
Taxation in Cook Islands:-
After importing the vehicle, importer is not allowed to sell the vehicle within two years of importation. Used vehicles imported in the country are subjected to import taxes depending upon the age of the vehicle. Along with import taxes, VAT is also imposed on vehicles.
- Import Procedure in Cook Islands
Search and select vehicle to buy from Japanese Used Car Portal Websites.
Send Inquiry for price, condition, etc.
Japanese Dealers will respond you directly by Email.
Negotiate with the Japanese Dealer
Request Proforma Invoice
Place your Order
The seller will inform you the following things.
Please wait for the updates from the seller.
Payment Confirmation, Shipping Schedule, B/L copy, Original Document
You receive the order