Chile Used Car Buyers.
Chile Used Car Market Information
- Import Procedure in Ghana
Search and select vehicle to buy from Japanese Used Car Portal Websites.
Send Inquiry for price, condition, etc.
Japanese Dealers will respond you directly by Email.
Negotiate with the Japanese Dealer
Request Proforma Invoice
Place your Order
The seller will inform you the following things.
Please wait for the updates from the seller.
Payment Confirmation, Shipping Schedule, B/L copy, Original Document
You receive the order
- Japan Used Car Import Duty / Regulation in Chile
To import a Vehicle in Chile the Importer must be of Chilean nationality, having remained abroad for over one year without dissolution of continuity. The duties to be paid vary according to the capacity of the motor (in cc).Two additional surcharges are imposed on automobiles, including locally assembled vehicles and single unit imports:
- The engine size tax applied to vehicles with engines of over 1500 cc; and
- An 85% luxury tax charged on the CIF value in excess of $16,818.03. Under the US/Chile FTA the corresponding tax rate is 63.75% on a minimum value of US$19,318.03 for each qualified vehicle as of January 1, 2004, but will be reduced progressively.
- The importation of used passenger and cargo transport vehicles are prohibited.
- Non-FTA qualified vehicles are governed by the regulation.
- Dangerous Goods as defined by IATA (Intl. Air Transport Association).
- Used tires and used motorcycles.
Import Documents :
Commercial Invoices must accompany all non document shipments. Invoices must be numbered, printed on company letterhead with an itemized list of contents, true FOB value of goods, signed and stamped by the shipper. Pro Forma invoices are acceptable as exceptions by Chilean Customs as valid documents for clearance.
Consignees Tax Identification Number (RUT) is required for shipments entering Chile and must be included on the Air Waybill and Commercial Invoice for all non-document shipments. If the RUT number is not included, additional clearance delays may occur.
Import Licenses all imports require a license, but, according to legislation governing the Central Bank since 1990, import licenses are granted as a routine procedure for nearly all goods. Licensing requirements are maintained largely as a statistical gathering mechanism, not as a control. More rigorous licensing procedures apply for pharmaceuticals and weapons.
Customs Valuation :The Importation of following commodities is prohibited in Chile :
Chilean customs valuation uses the normal value of merchandise, without special discounts, plus freight and insurance (CIF). Used goods are valued by the customs service according to the current new value of similar merchandise, discounting 10% per year of use, up to a 70% discount.