Bangladesh Used Car Buyers.
Bangladesh Used Car Market Information
Japan Used Car Import Duty / Regulation in Bangladesh
- Vehicle should not be more than four years old.
- Importation of used vehicle should be done only from the country of origin. Importation of used vehicle is not allowed from any third country.
- A certificate issued by Japan Auto Appraisal Institute (JAAI) should contain age, model number and chassis number of the used car. That certificate should be submitted to the customs authority.
- To determine the age of the imported car, the date will be calculated from the first day of the next year of manufacture of chassis.
- Original Passport and copy of Work Permit
- Certificate of Title and Registration
- Registration, Invoice to determine age
- Country of Origin Certificate
- Original Bill of Lading
- Vehicle Condition Report
- Letter of Authorization
- Import Permit from Chief Controller, Import and Export for foreigners.
- Import Tax: 0-40%
- VAT 15%
- 2.5% infrastructure development surcharge is levied on imports
Guidelines to follow while importing used car in Bangladesh :-
Shipping Ports :-
Ports for shipment of vehicle in Bangladesh are port in Chittagong and Dhaka.
Right-Hand Drive vehicles :-
Vehicle imported in Bangladesh should be a right hand drive vehicle.
Importation of used cars, jeeps, microbus, minibus including other old vehicles and tractors are allowed under the following conditions:
Documents required for port clearance :-
Import Tax Rate on used vehicles imported in Bangladesh:-
Nationals returning to Bangladesh who have been living abroad for ten years or more will be regarded as "returning nationals", and are eligible for duty free importation of one vehicle, provided that the vehicle has been owned for at least two years. Consideration will be given to the special circumstances of the returning individuals and their probable contribution towards the nation building.
Returning nationals are also exempted from Bangladesh Sales Tax (ABST) charges on a vehicle which has been owned by them for at least a year prior to its importation and is used for personal purposes.
Note: Excise taxes are also levied on vehicles. Duty free importation of one used vehicle in Bangladesh is allowed only for Diplomats and Privileged Persons. All other Bangladesh nationals and foreigners have to pay duties to import a used vehicle.
- Import Procedure in Bangladesh
Search and select vehicle to buy from Japanese Used Car Portal Websites.
Send Inquiry for price, condition, etc.
Japanese Dealers will respond you directly by Email.
Negotiate with the Japanese Dealer
Request Proforma Invoice
Place your Order
The seller will inform you the following things.
Please wait for the updates from the seller.
Payment Confirmation, Shipping Schedule, B/L copy, Original Document
You receive the order