Angola Used Car Buyers.
Angola Used Car Market Information
Japan Used Car Import Duty / Regulation in Angola
- Original Purchase Invoice
- Copy of Entry Visa
- Letter of Employment (must identify the name, job title, and company of person who will receive the vehicle as employed by the company)
- Passport - copy, with Angolan entry visa stamps
- Contributor Card "Cartao de Contribuinte" and "Resident Card" - copies
- Declaration of Value letter signed by the shipper
- Pack List - in English or Portuguese
- Taxation Number (importation license)
- Copy of airline ticket showing a valid coupon for a return flight
- If the vehicle is imported for companies, an import license is needed.
- The vehicle is allowed to stay in Angola for 2 years with a possible one-year extension.
- A bond deposit of 40-45% of CIF value is required. When the vehicle is re-exported, the deposit is paid back.
- Requires 40-45% tax based on CIF value.
- Import taxes on all vehicles (except pick up with 5% tax) are 10% plus VAT.
- Gasoline engine
- Up to 1500 cc: 10%
- 1500 to 3000 cc: 20%
- Over 2500 cc: 30%
- Diesel engine
- 1500 to 2500 cc: 20%
- Over 25600 cc: 30%
- Over 2500 cc: 30%
Guidelines to follow while importing used car in Angola :-
Shipping Ports :-
The most recommended shipping port in the country is Durban port.
Age Restriction :-
Light motor vehicles imported in the country should not be more than 3 years, while Heavy vehicles should not be more than 5 years from the date of production.
Left-Hand Drive Vehicles :-
Importation of left-hand drive vehicles are allowed in the country.
Inspection :- A Pre Shipment Inspection (PSI) in the country of origin is required. Vehicles imported by Diplomats are not subjected to PSI as they have cleared the vehicle with a Diplomatic Franchise at destination.
Documents required for vehicle clearance :-
Duties and Taxes :-
VAT on vehicles depends upon the following :-
Note- Vehicle should be cleared as soon as it reaches Luanda. If it cleared any late i.e. after the 30th day following its arrival in the country due to lack of documentation will be charged with 5% on the basis of CIF value.
- Import Procedure in Angola
Search and select vehicle to buy from Japanese Used Car Portal Websites.
Send Inquiry for price, condition, etc.
Japanese Dealers will respond you directly by Email.
Negotiate with the Japanese Dealer
Request Proforma Invoice
Place your Order
The seller will inform you the following things.
Please wait for the updates from the seller.
Payment Confirmation, Shipping Schedule, B/L copy, Original Document
You receive the order